Exercise: Creating Positive Affirmations
Write or type some positive statements. Imagine your guardian angel as a loving parent or coach who supports you in all your endeavors. What would that stimulating teacher say to you right now? Change that statement so that it now comes from you. Make yourself your own loving guide. Begin your affirmation with the word ‘I’. Say your affirmations as if they have already happened. Instead of something that will happen in the future.
Examples for the basis of your own positive affirmations
- I am healthy
- I’m happy
- I passed my exams nicely
- I have everything I need to reach my goal
- I have a job that I love
- I have a loving and safe relationship
- I am strong
- I’m happy
- I am thankful for everything I have
- I’m fine the way I am
- I am valuable
- I am beautiful…
- Say your affirmations every day.
- Cut out your affirmations and stick them on the fridge or nightstand. You can even stick an affirmation on the mirror in the bathroom – anywhere you see it every day or several times a day. Use several at the same time, or work with a message that you place around the house. This is an exercise from the book Angels in Your Life by Jacky Newcomb.
Tip: If a negative comment comes to mind, shrug your shoulders as soon as you become aware of it. Straighten your back with confidence (even if you feel like you’re pretending). Practice and keep practicing. By repeating more and more affirmations and positive statements, I’m sure you won’t stop!